Skip to main content

Wednesday at the Center - Join Us for an Evening of Song, Connection, and Spiritual Unity

Tomorrow evening at 7 p.m., we welcome you to an inspiring community service at the Center for Spiritual Living, Santa Rosa, led by Dr. Edward Viljoen. The service will feature music by Christopher Fritzsche and Rev. Russ Legear, creating an atmosphere where spiritual unity, reflection, and heartfelt connection can flourish.

What to Expect: 

In our beautiful social hall at 2075 Occidental Road, we will come together for an evening filled with community singing, powerful call-and-response readings, and moments of meditative peace. This service is designed to reconnect, reflect, and rejuvenate in the presence of like-minded individuals who seek harmony and a more profound sense of oneness.

Community Singing

Be moved by the melodies of beloved, familiar New Thought songwriters. Imagine voices blending in songs like “I Am So Blessed” by Karen Drucker: 

“I am so blessed, I am so blessed.
I am so grateful for all that I have.
I am so blessed, I am so blessed.\
I am so grateful, I am so blessed.”

Or the gentle wisdom of “There Is Only Love” by Michael Gott & Karen Drucker: 

“In this moment, in this place,
I remember who I am.
Letting fear and worry fall away from me,
I open my eyes and see,
There is only love.”

Call and Response: 

The service will also include a call-and-response reading, encouraging participants to find their own voices within the greater harmony. Here’s a glimpse: 

Call: Every day, I create a new atmosphere of love and peace within my heart.
Response: I am peaceful in my heart and mind, moved by the peace of Spirit within.

Community Reading and Reflection: 

We will come together to read aloud a moving spiritual mind treatment written by Practitioner Emeritus Bette Smith. This shared moment will be followed by a contemplative time for personal reflection, supported by the soothing sounds of guitar meditation music played by Rev. Russ Legear.

A Space for Reflection and Gratitude: 

As we close, our voices will rise in unity, singing “I Release” by Rickie Byars: 

“I release and I let go.
I let the Spirit run my life.
And my heart is open wide,
Yes, I’m only here for the Source.”

Come and share in this enriching experience of music, spoken word, and community support. Let’s connect, sing, and uplift each other in an atmosphere of shared love and spiritual confidence. We look forward to welcoming you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Determine Your Welfare - Special Wednesday "Pulpit-Swap" Service with Dr. Edward and Rev. Russ

The idea that you determine your welfare speaks to the Science of Mind idea that well-being grows from the choices we make in thought, practice, and community.  Using the book "Basic Ideas of Science of Mind" as our guide, our Wednesday evenings have been exploring the use of our mind, emotions, and actions, to contribute to our spiritual welfare. This Wednesday, join Dr. Edward Viljoen and Rev. Russ Legear at a special location to continue the exploration.  Some context:  Each year our community makes space for our neighbors at the local synagogue to gather more fully for the High Holy Days. In addition to being a gesture of hospitality, it carries a deeper reminder that our welfare is shaped by the choices we make together.  We, in turn, hold our Wednesday Evening service in their beautiful synagogue and you're invited to join us. Science of Mind teaches that the Creative Power of Life responds to the quality of our consciousness, and through spiritual practice we ...

"Spirit Is An Artist" - Wednesday Evening Service with Rev. Russ

  Every breath we take, every new friend we make; the tallest snowy mountaintop to the darkest depths of the sea--all is an act of creation. In fact, because Spirit is all there is, that means that we, too, are endlessly creating. Whether we know it or not.  In tonight's Wednesday Evening Service, we continue our exploration of the Ten Core Concepts of the Science of Mind and Spirit with the third--the creative nature of Spirit. We'll share in spiritual exercises designed to grow your awareness of your creative nature so you can tap into it to paint the life of your dreams. And all will be wrapped in an atmosphere of music, freshly baked bread, and loving community.  See you soon! -Russ

How To Be an Instrument for Peace - Wednesdays in July 2026

Peace rarely arrives as a single grand event. More my be built from small choices we make in how we listen, how we speak, and how we hold space for one another. This July, five voices from our community offer their own way into that practice, each bringing a different instrument to the symphony. We open the month with Discovering Your Peaceful Voice on July 1, with Dr. Edward Viljoen. Some obstacles to peaceful communication hide in plain sight, disguised as ordinary habits. This talk traces one path toward noticing them, and toward the voice that waits underneath. On July 8, Rev. Siota Belle leads us into Drumming To a Different Beat . There's a rhythm to peace that doesn't always match the pace the world moves at. This gathering explores what it means to find our own tempo, and to trust it even when it differs from the beat around us. July 15 brings Practicing Your Peace with Rev. Russ Legear. Peace as an idea can sound lovely. Peace as a daily practice asks something mo...