Skip to main content

Tonight with Rev. Russ Legear and Christopher Fritzsche - The Well of Inspiration


When I first began my spiritual path it seemed as though I had to work toward some goal where I would become enlightened and transcend all my human limitations.

I would love it if that were possible, but the truth is that no amount of spiritual practice will change that I am human. In fact, my spiritual practice has deepened my experience of being human. I've found that authentic spiritual practice embraces the realization that there is always more to learn and more life to experience. It's the daily recognition that our universe is filled with infinite possibilities, and that I can choose how many or how few of those possibilities I want to embrace. 

My humanity reminds me, then, that seeking out spiritual inspiration and connection is a choice that I get to make every day. Because if I don't, I find that life loses its spark, and my mind closes itself off to what is truly possible. 

The good news is that there is no limit to the inspiration and connection and possibility that Spirit can share with us. Really, the only limit is how much we can welcome in our heart. 

Tonight we are going to dive into some practices that can tap into the spiritual inspiration that is already within us, so that we can remain open to infinite possibilities and ground ourselves in connection with Spirit. I'm looking forward to sharing tools that will help you keep your spiritual batteries charged throughout 2024. 

See you all at the Center at 7pm!

Much love,

-Russ


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Determine Your Welfare - Special Wednesday "Pulpit-Swap" Service with Dr. Edward and Rev. Russ

The idea that you determine your welfare speaks to the Science of Mind idea that well-being grows from the choices we make in thought, practice, and community.  Using the book "Basic Ideas of Science of Mind" as our guide, our Wednesday evenings have been exploring the use of our mind, emotions, and actions, to contribute to our spiritual welfare. This Wednesday, join Dr. Edward Viljoen and Rev. Russ Legear at a special location to continue the exploration.  Some context:  Each year our community makes space for our neighbors at the local synagogue to gather more fully for the High Holy Days. In addition to being a gesture of hospitality, it carries a deeper reminder that our welfare is shaped by the choices we make together.  We, in turn, hold our Wednesday Evening service in their beautiful synagogue and you're invited to join us. Science of Mind teaches that the Creative Power of Life responds to the quality of our consciousness, and through spiritual practice we ...

"Spirit Is An Artist" - Wednesday Evening Service with Rev. Russ

  Every breath we take, every new friend we make; the tallest snowy mountaintop to the darkest depths of the sea--all is an act of creation. In fact, because Spirit is all there is, that means that we, too, are endlessly creating. Whether we know it or not.  In tonight's Wednesday Evening Service, we continue our exploration of the Ten Core Concepts of the Science of Mind and Spirit with the third--the creative nature of Spirit. We'll share in spiritual exercises designed to grow your awareness of your creative nature so you can tap into it to paint the life of your dreams. And all will be wrapped in an atmosphere of music, freshly baked bread, and loving community.  See you soon! -Russ

How To Be an Instrument for Peace - Wednesdays in July 2026

Peace rarely arrives as a single grand event. More my be built from small choices we make in how we listen, how we speak, and how we hold space for one another. This July, five voices from our community offer their own way into that practice, each bringing a different instrument to the symphony. We open the month with Discovering Your Peaceful Voice on July 1, with Dr. Edward Viljoen. Some obstacles to peaceful communication hide in plain sight, disguised as ordinary habits. This talk traces one path toward noticing them, and toward the voice that waits underneath. On July 8, Rev. Siota Belle leads us into Drumming To a Different Beat . There's a rhythm to peace that doesn't always match the pace the world moves at. This gathering explores what it means to find our own tempo, and to trust it even when it differs from the beat around us. July 15 brings Practicing Your Peace with Rev. Russ Legear. Peace as an idea can sound lovely. Peace as a daily practice asks something mo...